Hindi gamblers like betting on cricket, that much is clear to the rest of the world. But there is a significant number of punters in India who enjoy participating in online lottery draws, too. It is yet another interesting way to invest some rupees into a game of chance, very conveniently. Online lotteries are accessible to players from India, and the best online lottery sites for Indian bettors are also compatible with all sorts of mobile devices. The concept of a lottery draw is easily translated into the online realm, with lottery tickets being available on a weekly or monthly or even daily basis.
The appeal of lottery websites in India comes from the fact that government-run local shop locations cannot meet all the needs of players, whereas a single online lottery site can provide full access to a number of popular lotteries, no matter the location and time of day. A good online lottery service is safe and has big jackpots on offer, not to mention the possibility of making deposits with methods like PayTM or UPI.
If you are concerned about any legal repercussions regarding playing online lottery in India, you shouldn’t be. Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Punjab, Sikkim, Goa, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram and West Bengal are the 13 Hindi states in which regular lottery is legal. Transfer lottery online and you will find no official, explicit ban on internet lottery draws. The Lottery Regulations Act from 1998, which regulates lottery in India, does not mention gambling as an illegal activity. Hindi players are free to join foreign sites and try their luck for that big jackpot. Of course, choosing trusted sites to play online lottery should always be a priority.
🏆 Best Online Lottery Apps in India
With the best online lottery apps for Indian players, you can have multiple lottery games at your fingertips and a variation of jackpots to play for while investing small amounts that would never compromise your bankroll even if you lose. That is the charm of lottery. If you wish to play the biggest lotteries, you need to find your way to the most reputable sites on the web offering lottery draws. Top websites offer not only a range of gambling opportunities, but also multi-draws, massive jackpot prizes, international and national Hindi lotteries, many deposit and withdrawal methods, discounts and dedicated apps for mobile gadgets.
If you are interested in global lotteries, major websites will provide various ways of betting. Apart from single tickets, which is the most conventional way of betting on lottery games, players are also able to participate in multi-draws, enable subscriptions and perform with a syndicate. The best online lottery websites will always keep you up to date with the draw results, publish results and winnings numbers with significant overviews and stats. The majority of the top sites for lotto India provide automatic email and SMS notifications regarding winning outcomes on your lottery draws. The most relevant aspect is trustworthiness, which is why all sites for Indian players are licensed.
Selecting the best online lottery apps and sites in India can be subjective and depends on various factors like game variety, security, user experience, and bonuses. Here are five reputable online lottery websites that were popular among Indian players:
- Lotto247: Lotto247 offers a wide range of international lotteries, including Powerball and Mega Millions. They provide a user-friendly interface, multiple payment options, and a secure platform.
- Lottoland: Lottoland is known for its diverse lottery offerings and scratch card games. It’s licensed and regulated, offering Indian players a chance to participate in various international lotteries.
- PlayHugeLottos: PlayHugeLottos has been in operation for over two decades and offers access to major international lotteries. They provide a secure platform, excellent customer support, and various playing options.
- TheLotter: TheLotter is a well-established online lottery ticket purchasing service. They allow users to buy tickets for over 50 lotteries worldwide, and they have a good reputation for security and timely payouts.
- Lotto Smile: Lotto Smile is associated with TheLotter and offers a similar service but with a focus on Indian players. They provide access to numerous lotteries, along with a user-friendly website and mobile app.
🔏 How to Start?
Top online lottery sites will go through the effort to make the registration process easy for new customers, as well as the entire gameplay experience. Some sites will include lottery games with automatic number picks, software that allows users to choose multiple draws and bet on them simultaneously. Considering the fact that you will be betting online from India, the wide choice of deposit methods will come in handy. The possibility of protecting sensitive financial data by using an electronic wallet means a lot to Hindi lottery players. So, how can you get started? The process can be broken down into the following steps:
- Find a suitable lottery site – determine which of the available lottery sites is the best one for you. You should seek out a lotto site that is simple to operate, mobile-friendly and stable. Pay consideration to safety and licenses, game diversity, customer support quality and the availability of bonus offers.
- Create your online lottery account – complete the registration procedure. It is a very simple process that takes a minute to complete and consists of filling in a short form with your details and login credentials.
- Top-up your account with funds – before you purchase your first lottery entry online, you need to add funds to your account balance. Log in, navigate to the banking section of the site and choose a payment method. Some of the supported banking options at the best live lottery online casinos in India include Visa, Mastercard, PayTM, Neteller, Skrill, UPI, Astropay, Google Pay, NetBanking and Jeton.
- Choose a lottery game and buy a ticket – browser through the selection of lottery draws you can play. Pick one or more lotteries and enter the draws by purchasing tickets for them. Before you finalize your purchase, select the number of lines and form of betting (single, multiple, syndicate, etc.) then confirm ticket numbers. You won’t be able to pick from any government-supported lotteries online, but you will have access to international lotteries, such as Powerball or Mega Millions. Keep in mind that they offer scratch cards and often slot games.
- Wait for the lottery results to come in – stay up to date with lottery draws which are typically scheduled for specific days of the week. The results of the draws you took part in will be published in real time on the site and you will likely receive a notification via email or a text message on your mobile phone that you have won. Even though the odds of winning the lottery are slim, there have been cases of enormous wins for Hindi players. Sandeep Singh, Balraj Awasthi, Nandlall Mangal and Pragnesh Peter Saija are some of the biggest lottery winners in India in recent years.
🔎 What Makes a Good Hindi Live Lottery Site?
Reviewing Indian online lottery sites includes knowing what the good sites have and the bad ones don’t. 88Play has a set of criteria and we want to share these criteria with you. You are free to consult our list of the best online lottery sites for Indian players, take your pick and skip everything that goes on in the background. Alternatively, you can know exactly what we pay attention to while deeming a live lottery website as reliable and trusted. All recommendable online lottery sites open to Indian bettors have the following features:
- Owns an appropriate license – a good Hindi online lottery website needs to own a valid license, such as one issued by the Curacao authority of the MGA. Players should always join certified sites and buy legal lottery tickets from reputable lotto agents.
- Offers a lot of lottery options – your online lottery experience is likely to be improved if you join a site that offers many lottery draws, daily betting options, scratch cards and instant-win games. Global lottery sites meet this requirement, providing an enhanced assortment of lotto options as well as diversity in these options.
- Accepts players from India – the very best online lotto sites for India players show familiarity with the Hindi culture. They are open to players from India, enable payments in rupees and provide local language support.
- Has special promotions and bonuses – trusted online lottery operators, just like online casinos, will be happy to set up various promotional campaigns and bonus deals for new and existing customers. At the best lottery sites, you can find free tickets or discounts on lotto ticket purchases.
- Has a mobile version – mobile compatibility is one of the features that most reviewers don’t even point out as something extra, it needs to be enabled. More and more India-based online gamblers bet on their phones which is why a competitive lottery site needs to have a responsive version or a dedicated mobile app for iPhone and Android.
- Enables payments through multiple gateways – online lottery deposit methods should include UPI, PayTM, NetBanking, Astropay, Skrill and Neteller, to name a few. These payment options are particularly convenient for players in India, offering them a fast service, security and ease of use.
✅ Pros and ❌ Cons
Widely played across India, online lottery comes with an array of advantages. Easy access is one of the main characteristics of online lottery games in India. People from Bangalore or any other region in India are free to go online, choose a site that serves their area and sign up. They can use a multitude of banking methods to deposit and buy as many entries to their preferred lotteries as they want. No need to leave their home for this and they can even play the lotto on mobile.
Players have the opportunity to maximize their chances of winning a lottery jackpot thanks to the sheer variety of lottery options to bet on. The presence of promotional offers like free tickets, cashback bonuses, referral bonuses and discounts on batch purchases is another advantage of playing online. Every little bit helps when it comes to increasing the odds of getting the jackpots.
As for any drawbacks of betting on lotteries from India, realistically there are a few. Hindi players should be aware that they need to pay a tax on earnings of 10,000 rupees or more. Winnings are, in the majority of cases, higher than that amount, so any winnings from a service will get credited after the corresponding tax is deducted. Furthermore, gamblers from India hoping to make bets on lottery are prompted to choose their banking methods very carefully. Making deposits on betting sites with bank cards is risky, in more ways than one. Electronic wallets and mobile wallet apps have become good solutions to this particular issue for players in India.
💰 Live Lottery Bonuses for Online Players
All players from India who like to bet on lottery online should avoid free lotteries from unverified sources. That being said, there are numerous trusted sites with online lottery games ready to award Hindi punters with welcome bonuses (as for Indian online casinos), free tickets and reduced prices on certain lotteries. These are merely examples of potential promo offers, which also include cashback deals, subscribing to specific online lotteries and buying online lottery tickets in a bundle under special circumstances. Bundles can be especially beneficial for lottery players because they enhance the chances of winning and the price of an individual ticket is significantly reduced if lottery entries are obtained in a batch.
After signing up to a lottery site from India, players often have the chance to receive a free ticket after purchasing their first one. In addition, referral bonuses are also a common deal offered at the best sites for lottery online in India. Refer a friend or invite a family member to join and buy a lottery ticket, and you stand to win a prize. Throughout the year, lotto players can enjoy various types of lottery bonuses. We invite you to keep your eyes open for attractive deals, such as 2 lotto tickets for the price of 1.